Human Resources Specialist
Do you want to unleash your full potential and know-how in HR management? You like to tackle all aspect of HR, from recruitment to benefits, sound policy implementation and exit interviews? You want to grow in a fast-growing and human-sized company?
Portage Cybertech, the parent company of Notarius, is looking for a Human Resources Specialist! This is a permanent, full-time, hybrid position (based in Montreal) that will manage HR duties for our employees in several Canadian provinces (Montreal, Ottawa/Gatineau, Regina, and Victoria).
- Contribute to recruitment activities, from applications filtering to offer letter preparation.
- Work for the betterment of the workspace environment
- Contribute to the development and implementation of sound HR policies throughout the organization.
- Maintain organizational charts, detailed job descriptions and employee work record.
- Manage benefits, health and life insurance programs.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding tasks, including orientation to Portage systems and programs.
- Respond to employee and management inquiries.
- Ensure performance reviews are conducted regularly.
- Assign and monitor completion of new hire and refresher trainings.
- Perform administrative duties on HR systems.
- Stay up-to-date and comply with changes in provincial labor legislation.
- Travel from time to time to other offices (less than 5% of the time)
- Fluently bilingual – English/French (written and oral, as some of your colleagues may live and work outside Quebec)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines – agility is key.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail, curious and self-motivated
- Rigorous at managing confidential information.
- Good understanding of payroll processing
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint is a must)
- Sound knowledge with HR Information systems (we use Dayforce HCM and are considering alternatives)
- BSc. In Human Resources or certificate with equivalent experience
- 5+ years of HR experience, ideally in a hi-tech company. Experience in recruiting is a plus.
- Experience with Quebec’s labor laws, and ideally labor laws of other provinces.
ABOUT PORTAGE CYBERTECH
Portage CyberTech powers trusted digital transactions between individuals, businesses, and government organizations. Driven by some of the most ambitious digital projects and our desire to raise the visibility of our clients at home and abroad, our committed team of experts in all things digital – identity, access management, trusted services, and communications, have created the solutions designed to reach your customers.
- 18 nationalities strengthen Portage CyberTech
- 5 united companies create our strength
- 100% growth in 3 years
- More than 100 employees
COME MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE
Working at Portage CyberTech means sharing your everyday life with open-minded professionals who thrive on innovation. Everyone's ideas move us forward and help us better design technology that serves people.